Our Vision, Mission, Values
THE DIABETES OUTREACH PREVENTION PROGRAMMES (DOPPS) aspires towards the education of people from all walks of life about diabetes prevention.
The DIABETES OUTREACH PREVENTION PROGRAMMES is dedicated to provide education on prevention, early diagnosis and access to treatment of diabetes in the UK and worldwide.
It will achieve this philanthropic mission through collaborations, meetings, publications, outreach, and other activities that:
* Raise public awareness of the importance of early recognition and treatment of diabetes and complications.
* Connect people with healthcare professions and diabetes specialists.
* Support people living with diabetes to achieve optimal care to help delay and prevent complications.
* Reduce the frequency and impact of diabetes and its complications through education using our outreach programmes.
The DIABETES OUTREACH PREVENTION PROGRAMMES (DOPPSI):
Values new knowledge and is committed to excellence in education, and patient care worldwide.
* Will always act in a way that is neutral and impartial.
* Values collegiality and interaction and is committed to diversity in membership, governance, committee structure, and programmatic activities.
* Is committed to the scientific basis of diabetes Values the needs of people who actively care for people with diabetes and is committed to achieving optimal standards of care worldwide
The DOPPSI embraces the principles of diversity and inclusion and believes that appropriately emphasising the diversity of our organization and of our teams will make for a stronger, smarter, and more effective DOPPSI.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Founder and CEO – Anna Vanderpuye
The Board of Directors is DOPPSI’ elected management body.
Its primary purpose is to serve and to ensure the proper functioning of DOPPSI.
The Board of Directors develops DOPPSI strategic plans and analyses all matters relating to the policy of DOPPSI in cooperation with the CEO.
The Board of Directors is comprised of
The Finance officer-Emmanuel Owusu-Ansah
The Strategic Governance officer- Kojo Asante
International Regional Leaders
Ghana – Elizabeth Genevieve Obutey
Rwanda – Freda Adjei
United Kingdom – Mr Kofi Tawiah Mensah